Father's Day happens every third Sunday of June.
Father's Day 2018 is set on June 17 across the globe! It is a day to honor your Dad in a tradition that goes way back 1907. It is a special day to say thanks to your Dad and to all the other Dads out there or even someone who is a Father figure to you! If your Dad isn't around anymore, remember him by doing stuff you two use to do or tell stories about him with family and friends. It's always a comforting idea to look back at life with Dad.
GIVE BACK TO DAD WITH THESE AMAZING GIFT IDEAS!
Don't all Dad's love watches? LOL. For a more conservative budget, cuff links or a good quality leather belt are also staple items for Dad! But always consider what your Dad wants or needs. Sometimes your presence and not your presents, ha ha, and company is better than any gift!
If you are celebrating in British Columbia, Father's Day happily coincides with a lot of festivals and events. These are just a few you might want to take your Dad. Save the date and prepare early.
- BC Highland Games & Scottish Festival
- Denman Street Car Free Day
- Main Street Car Free Day
- Lynn Valley Day in North Vancouver
- Sasquatch Days in Harrison Hot Springs.
OTHER THINGS TO DO:
- Paddlewheeler Cruise - 2-and-a-half-hour cruises and buffets in New Westminster!
- Spend the Day at Vancouver's best beaches!
- Join the Father's Day Walk/Run! Comes in 2K, 5K and 10K. You not only get some exercise with Dad, you also get to help the BC Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- Make dad enjoy a scrumptious meal atVancouver’s Best Restaurants!
- Your Dad into boating? Rent paddle boards, kayaks or canoes at Alice Lake, Cultus Lake or Deep Cove!
- Fishing more of Dad's hobby? There are tons of fantastic fishing spots like Ambleside or Dundarave or any of the other great waterfront locations in the Lower Mainland.
- Dad likes to go dancing and party? Take him to show off his dance moves at the Point Grey Fiesta!
- Free Admission to PLAYLAND for Dad from 10AM-12PM.
- Discover new lands with Dad as you enter the territory of the Vikings! Happening at The Scandinavian Midsummer Festival in Burnaby
Let me know what you did or if you have some great ideas for Father's Day?